View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-13-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
You talk as if life is a choose your own adventure story book. My life is niether unsuccessful nor is it successful, it's just amazing (amazing may not be the best word, I more so mean hard to believe). That is because I had to make the hard decisions. Not the ones where the easy way out is just being lazy, but where there is no real choice.
But it is "choose your own adventure". You know that, Tenchu. The other option is life chooses your options for you, which is how too many posters here think. You are the best example of a man who has "chosen his own adventure".

Quote:
A lot of things you attempt, they'll never work. I just got back from one night in Sydney... what did I go to Sydney for one night for? You'd probably never believe me. All I did was lay in a hotel bed crying all night, missing my wife. In the end, I just came home. But now my life is going to be a lot harder. This isn't the easy way out, this was just one of those hard decisions.
"Choose your own adventure" doesn't guarantee success. Where's the excitement if it did?

Quote:
People who credit their success to making hard decisions, I don't really believe most of them. I mean, do barely any of them even know what a hard decision is? I don't think so. Perhaps if I had a weaker heart, I'd be one of those "successful" people you're thinking of.
Whether you are successful or not is probably a personal decision. Certainly there are successful people that fell into their success and were lucky, but I am talking about risk-takers who create their own success.

Quote:
In the end, if you're going to measure your life by how many penies are in your pocket, I'd say you never lived life to begin with.
Did I mention wallet-size as a measure of success?