View Single Post
(#171 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-03-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
I wasn't going to answer any more of your questions, because you won't change my opinion and I won't change yours (if you are happy with it I wouldn't want to).
As I see it, you are a black female, with a sexual idenity crisis who is very angry. Get over it. As far as being a second class anything, you and you alone are responsible for allowing yourself to feel that way.
OH PLEASE. Yes, I'm angry. You basically just told me my culture doesn't matter - isn't really "American." Yes, I'm angry. You're sexist and has just implied, time and again, that because I'm a woman I need to submit to a man in order for our relationship to work. Yes, I'm angry. You just said I have a sexual identity crisis just because you don't understand sexuality.

"Get over it"? No, I won't - because that's the only thing racist, sexist assholes can say when they don't see that the correct response would be to apologize. No, I won't - because the idea of "getting over it" is what was expected of many oppressed races and genders when abused. So no. I won't.

I'm responsible for how I feel. That's true. The same is true for the people who belonged to generations of races that were wiped out, cultures that were assimilated and destroyed.

EDIT: I shouldn't have implied that you're an asshole, and I'm sorry about that. I just got pretty upset, because I thought you were a little out of place to imply the things that you did. I am sorry, though.

LOVE: pass it on

Last edited by mercedesjin : 07-03-2009 at 08:02 PM.