View Single Post
(#189 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-04-2009, 08:45 AM

First, let me give you a round of (laughing) applause. You gave me the exact answer I expected - and that isn`t a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
My first reaction is repulsion. I immediately feel like these women are both victims to an oppressive system and people who willingly promote an oppressive system. (cut for brevity)
Those are my initial thoughts... but then I'm also a little curious. I'd want to know WHY these women think that their place is in the household, and why they think they're inferior to men. I'd want to know why these women think that they need a man to go out and make money, to protect them, etc.
You feel repulsion toward a woman making a choice?
All of my life, I have believed that efforts toward equality for women were to give women the ability to make their own choices - regardless of what those choices may be.

You`re telling me now that there is a CORRECT choice that should be made, and an INCORRECT choice that should never be made? How is that increasing the options for women? How is that giving them the right to live life as they feel fit? They`re wrong not to go out and do the exact same things as men?

Believing that your place is in the home because you are inferior is a world away from WANTING to be the home-maker and caregiver to the children because it is something you enjoy.
Or wait - that enjoyment is only felt because those women have been so very oppressed that they can`t make their own choices, right? They need to be told what is good for them by the other more "enlightened" women, right? Wow, doesn`t sound all that different from being oppressed by men - but because it`s women it is alright to judge and pressure them?

Why, exactly, is not emulating a man "inferior" in your eyes?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.