View Single Post
(#197 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-04-2009, 03:41 PM

Mercedesjin, how dare you lambaste Nyororin for "ignoring" a part of your post when you have publicly declared you are going to ignore me?

Let's be clear you are ignoring me for saying the phrase "Racism is wherever you want to find it."

You talk about your opinion and put it in all caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
You know what the brilliant thing about all of this is?

IT'S MY OPINION.
But when it is my opinion, I am a racist. When it is bELyVIS' opinion he is a racist and a sexist. Nyororin's opinion is "repulsive".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
I have been attacked and insulted on this forum left and right. I'm sick of it.
By who? You attack, calling people racists, sexists, and assholes, but of someone disagrees with you then YOU are the victim?

bELyVIS told you to get over it when talking about your pedestal of victimization, and you said he was "denying your heritage". You declared yourself a "second-class American" and he told you to get over it. That made him a racist.

I am not going to tell you to get over it, but I will say grow up. Get your nose out of the self-victimizing literature and smell the roses.

I am a straight white male, which in the literature you have quoted is the trifecta of wrong. You want me to apologize for being what God made me, and that is not going to happen. I wish you were the first person who made me the bad guy for being a straight white man. I told you long ago, mercedesjin, that I was fighting for justice before you were even born. I don't expect you to understand that because this is a forum and all we are is words to each other. You remind me of those who assumed I had to have been gay because there is no other reason why I would have been fighting for justice.

That way of thinking is sad, because it is defeatist. It creates a culture of victimization and "us vs. them". I didn't let it bother me so much then but to be honest, it bothers me now. I won't go into detail about the work I did, but you are free to ask if it makes a difference.

In my days of being on the front line of fighting for justice and equality the first thing was to respect your ally and the second was to know your enemy. You have done the absolute opposite, mercedesjin. You know nothing of your allies and disrespect them. You toss around words like racist and sexist to those that are not. It is not a wise strategy to reduce the power of the words in your arsenal by using them on potential allies.

Chances are, mercedesjin, you would agree in general with the liberal thinking of bELyVIS, Nyororin, and myself. Unfortunately you have created a situation where it is you against the world. You insult Nyororin, bELyVIS, and me? We were your potential allies. That tells my you are in a personal vicitimization mode and strike out at everyone. I will sound like a know-it-all if I say this isn't abnormal for students your age, but it isn't abnormal for students your age.

I know I am just words on a computer screen, but since you show such disdain for your potential allies, I am curious who you do respect? I know it isn't anyone here.