View Single Post
(#18 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile View Post
I see what you mean. I had thought that I asked specific questions, but I suppose not. =\ I by no means want to adopt that negative, and very usual, forum mentality.
To be honest I have found MMM's attitude to be holier-than-thou, but I have undoubtedly misread between the lines. For some reason I have felt like I need to be on the defensive, since reading his responses. Plenty of it, I'm sure, is fueled by my anxieties about this situation. I can not describe my feelings of urgency or concern - nor my motivations. I'm not sure that a forum is the place to get into any of that to begin with.
It is difficult to get a good feel for people online. I, myself, have a lot of difficulty conveying things on a forum.
Maybe I should ask myself what I'm doing here! Har.

I don't know where to start! I have a lot of questions about life in Japan.
I am especially concerned about financial expectations. I want to live a very basic life, I do not want any more extraneous expenses than can be helped.
Student loans are a topsy turvy thing right now, and I can only rely on them so far...
I do appreciate the information about university. I had not heard of Temple university, and will be looking into it! Trouble is, university is about the only thing I know anything about. I've been reading the forums up and down (as much as a person can in two days, with a busy schedule), but maybe I have missed some important details? I don't wish to repeat anything unnecessarily.
The biggest issue here is that I have no idea what to consider when planning to leave your country for long-term residence elsewhere. I've focused primarily on schools, because that is what I know. Being someone without money, I certainly won't be able to lead a life of leisure and tourism. Nor would I want to, necessarily.

I will spend more time checking out the forums before starting any new threads. I regret it becoming this ridiculous. I'm a prideful girl. :3
Something I'm working on growing out of.

Thanks for your patience. I'll look forward to seeing you around the forums.
lol yeah, don't worry. You're not the only one who has thought that. I've learned that the best thing is just to ignore that kind of attitude instead of respond to it.

Anywho, I appreciate this response. It's very mature. =) I think that once you start to look specifically at one school, other questions will come. For example, you're not too sure about finances. Once you figure out what school to look at, you can see the school's tuition. Most schools also offer a kind of estimate on what kind of money you'll need to bring - whether it be for textbooks, money for food, transportation, etc. So, if you're definitiely interested in Temple University Japan, then I suggest that you research that school so that you can figure out your specific questions.

LOVE: pass it on