View Single Post
(#426 (permalink))
Old
MightyFlameboy (Offline)
New to JF

07-09-2009, 05:34 PM

I've been single all my life (currently 23 years old) and proud of it! At my age, it's the norm to date at least 2-3 girls. All of my friends are baffled as to why I've stayed single all my life. =)

I'm not a geek. I'm average-looking, and I'm reasonably well-groomed, relying on hairstyle and fashion to make myself stand out of the crowd. I'm a little shy, but I'm still able to carry a conversation with a girl well enough if the need arises.

So u might ask why? I just don't see the need to play the BGR game. Some friends I know get attached just for the 'experience'! I feel that the time, energy, money, effort wasted on BGR could be channeled into somewhere more meaningful, such as studies or personal aspirations.

Especially guys my age. Practically all my guy friends are lamenting about lacking a girlfriend in their lives, or rambling about problems that he and his girlfriend face. If they aren't my friends, I would say this straight to their faces. C'MON, GET A LIFE ALREADY! Life is much more than just pursuing BGR.

But if u really feel for ur other half genuinely, then great! I've still not met a girl who can make me feel it's worthwhile to sacrifice my being for her happiness. I would want to make my first relationship count for eternity. Basically, my motto when finding a girlfriend would be that "she'll be first and last girlfriend, because she'll become my wife".

Anyone else shares my views? =) I'm kinda interested to know what's the youth culture like in other countries (I stay in Singapore) regarding BGR too. =D