View Single Post
(#90 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-15-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
That's just a serious difference between us, I guess. I feel that going to court is a pretty serious action that not many people take, and a pretty extreme example - but if you wanted to, and you had enough proof to show why you were discriminated against, then sure - you'd have a case. I'm not arguing that "Because I felt this way," would be a good argument. Like I said before, you'd have to show why you felt that way.

People are responsible for others feelings, in my view. Anything that I do can and will affect others. Me saying one thing could change a person's view on the world - negatively or positively. I've heard stories of people killing themselves because they've been bullied too much. I've heard of people who have to move to different states or schools because they've been bullied too much. So, yes - I do think it's important for a person to think about what they say, because what they say can and will affect others.
You are changing things a bit here. You said other people are responsible for my emotions. My emotions is a feeling of discrimination.

If I discriminate against someone, then I am responsible for my action.

If someone feels discriminated against by me, by your words, I am also responsible for that.

Naturally, if I bully or discriminate, then I am responsible for my actions, but I can't be held responsible for other people's conceptions, misconceptions or feelings. You said you value emotion over logic.

What I am saying is you are responsible for your own actions AND emotions. It's like "He was mean and made me cry." Well, he might have been mean, but only you can allow yourself to cry.