View Single Post
(#58 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-16-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Even thought I don't care for him too much, I have to agree with iPhantom here.

As much as you want to beat around the bush, deny it, say "sex isn't everything," "I don't care about sex," etc, etc, etc. Sex is a very important part of a healthy relationship.

You need to have that romantic spark, which is achieved by dates, flower-giving, kissy kissy type thing. And you also need the sexual spark, which is achieved by, well... sex.

Like it or not, that's just how the world works. Deny it or accept it, it's just how things work.

A marriage can last without sex, but a HEALTHY marriage cannot. Go ask your marriage counselor for some assurance.
To you it is. Not to me. Not to every single person who exists on this Earth. That's your personal opinion. It's not a fact. Saying things like, "accept it or deny it," and "like it or not," doesn't make it a fact. Adding, "ask a marriage counselor" at the end of your opinion doesn't make it a fact either. It's your opinion, and I'm sorry, but you might want to tone it down just a little bit.

What makes a healthy relationship depends on each different person and each different couple. Sex might actually be a pretty bad idea for some couples, such as those who suffer from psychological trauma. Sex simply isn't important to others, who would rather put more emphasis on trust. Others prefer more communication. I'm glancing through some articles and so far, I've seen many steps from professionals and scholars advising people how to have a healthy relationship. In not one of them does it say, "HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF SEX!"

Even in an article under the category of sex, the article describes how to have a healthy relationship - and not once does it say that sex is necessary.

LOVE: pass it on