View Single Post
(#66 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-16-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
*eyebrow raise* Well that's a bit backwards. If you were in a gay relationship, as a man there's a strong probability you'd be having MORE sex than if you were in a heterosexual relationship.

Sex though, regardless of orientation, can be quite important. If the chemistry isn't there, ten to one the relationship won't go anywhere, and I think that's what Iphantom's trying to get at. It happens. You like someone, you kiss and quite unexpectedly, nothing.

It's a different story if you start with the spark and over the years it mellows off, but if that chemistry is never there, then there for a lot of people that does decide things to an end.

Basically, however, you can love someone sexlessly and conversely sex someone lovelessly, because the human creature is flexible like that.
I don't see chemistry as something that's just sexual chemistry. I see it as similar interests and similar personalities. I see it as something between two people who easily get excited about something - being together in the outdoors, or traveling the world together. I don't necessarily think that two people have to enjoy having sex together to have that chemistry. I think that if there's sexual chemistry, it's a result of the fact that those two people have similar personalities or enjoy being around each other.

LOVE: pass it on