View Single Post
(#177 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
07-23-2009, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taimoorh View Post
Do companies honestly think that the huge audience they now cater to would have existed if they continued with their pathetic (often non-existant) advertisement? That cult series would've had such an impact (thus translating into direct DVD/ Manga sales) had word of mouth not preached the Western audiences?
For the most part, this has always been the case with me. It's not like it's advertised much. Some anime series, I might have watched fansubbed years ago, and it might just be getting a license now...but of course I wouldn't know since I lack the cable to watch these anime shows and I don't really read anime magazines or frequent many anime boards, so I never know what's licensed and what's not since for the most part, I delete junk after I watch it.

I watched Deathnote before that was licensed. Really enjoyed it, and pretty much promised myself to buy it whenever it did get one.

Same for manga. If it has no license, how can one buy it?