View Single Post
(#197 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
07-23-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Being "old" doesn't make a difference. Just because it is old and "finished" doesn't mean the publishers don't still maintain the rights (and those rights are international, as decided by the UN a long time ago).

I am not saying it doesn't suck. I am just saying that is the way it is.
I know you're right, but still seems crazy that you're getting on me when I'm one of the ones who'd purchase the stuff even if it's further down the road than I'd like. You come across as, "You must buy everything right then and there," even though I know you don't genuinely mean that. I guess, for me, I don't feel as bad about any manga I might read online if I'm going to buy it anyway or am already buying it.

Too bad for the finished, old, or out of print series, no matter what I do for those, the publishing company won't see a cent from me (especially out of print stuff) as the only way to get those would probably be through YahooJapan auctions. *Tsks* It's like buying a cd through EBay...it won't count towards the actual group/artist or music charts.

I just wish I was fluent in Japanese. I still have a long way to go for that. I'd just get originals if that were the case.