View Single Post
(#171 (permalink))
Old
slpli (Offline)
New to JF

My thanks to you... - 03-25-2007, 06:21 AM

[quote=Nyororin;23377]And... I know you certainly don`t mean any harm, but my son has a developmental delay, has been diagnosed with mild autism, and has enough health problems to fill a book. He has yet to speak a single word yet.

Hi Nyororin! I was searching online for "living in Japan" and came across this forum. I've read through the majority of your posts (thank you very much, by the way), and stopped at the one quoted above. First of all, I wanted to congratulate you on your hard work and drive to seek out a better life for yourself. Secondly, I commend you for openly sharing your experiences (and even your home) to help out others. Lastly, I'd love to offer any help I can to your family and your son. You sound like a wonderful mother and I have no doubt that you are seeking help for and providing as much as you can for your son. I just wanted to open the door and let you know that your posts and your generosity touched me and that I would love to be able to offer you something for all you've offered me (and everyone else who appreciates your candid thoughts and advice). I am a Speech-Language Pathologist and have tons of experience working with children with developmental delays, ASD, speech/language disorders, etc. If there is anything I can help you with, or any questions I can answer for you, please feel free to PM me. You are a very strong woman and I would love to meet you and your son someday (hopefully soon as we are contemplating a move to Japan).