View Single Post
(#31 (permalink))
Old
ACW (Offline)
JF Regular

08-06-2009, 05:02 AM

It's a interesting question. From what I understand it, Japan attacked the United States at Pearl Harbor and so the United States entered a just war with Japan in order to defend itself. If your able you should try to look up footage of Japan's champaign in China. I remember seeing Chinese people being buried alive by Japanese soldiers and the like. Not to mention that thousands of U.S. soldiers were led on a death march. I can't name what it was called at the moment though so you have to forgive me. But anyways what I'm trying to get at was that it was an all out war. The U.S. had to do what needed to be done in a time of war. Now it is horrible that so many people died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Actually Nagasaki didn't have to happen. After Hiroshima the U.S. asked Japan to surrender. But Japan said no and another bomb dropped in Nagasaki. It's horrible that millions of people died though.

I kind of want to ask this question though. What do you think would have happened if Japan had the atom bomb? Do you think they would do the same thing we did?