View Single Post
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-06-2009, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Tell me how America became involved in the war. Who declared war on who? If America were not the "good guys" in the war, then who exactly were?
If you want to remove WW2 from the rest of history then sure... you can spin it to make Japan the aggressor. And in many ways it was. But the leadup to WW2 is as important as the actual war if you want a balanced perspective of history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Can you tell me what the "reward" was? Billions in national treasure expended, millions of lives lost? How many of your relatives died in the war and were buried in foreign lands? Some of mine did/were.

You read above the numbers of soldiers killed and wounded in the battles for Iwo Jima and Okinawa. How many British, Australian, or French soldiers were involved in those battles? Oh, that's right, there weren't any.

It's funny how soon we forget the sacrifices made in the war. Forgetting is bad enough, but it's stupefying when those sacrifices are belittled.
The reward was a quick end to the war and an unconditional surrender of Japan to the Americans.

If you actually read what I posted you would realise that I believe America was justified in using the bomb