View Single Post
(#231 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanus View Post
I've only been discussing WWII in depth for the last year but I don't profess to be an expert. I'm not talking about hindsight, I'm talking about foreknowledge.

The whole point is to discuss whether dropping the bomb was the right decision, not being defensive and ducking the issue.

According to the last US investigation, Iran have been in compliance. America sponsored the IRA and Jundullah and many more terrorist organisations for years. What do you have to say to that? They want to pursue peaceful nuclear energy and the most recent reports have confirmed that they are doing everything consonant with that pursuit.

9/11 crap? History Commons is full of research, not pulled from the sky. Start arguing and debating and not being defensive. There was no link to Iraq and many have even admitted that now.

I know they defeated Russia, yes. What does Brightest Corporation mean to you? I'll give you a clue, Argentina. How about Unocal? Listen to Carl Schwarz. The war in Afghanistan is hard but the ANA provides local knowledge and guide the Allied troops. They don't want to win this war quickly and that's the point.

I agree that they saved many lives but how do you compensate those families who lost innocent loves ones? Please answer considering it was your family that was wiped out. This is my central point, the taking of innocent life.

Please don't quote me provisions of the Bible, it's insulting given how callous you were to the suffering of innocent lives after the A-bomb. True Christians will feel offended unless you condemn the loss of innocent life directly.
This thread is posted in Hindsight. We where not there to make such a decisions. They did not have the full information about what radiation can do. The whole thinking process about war was much, much different then it is today.

Well then the bomb was dropped wasn't it? What point do you get other then bashing the person who dropped it? AT the time it was decided to be the right then to do (in war). Point is there is nothing to be gained from deciding on how the past should of happen. All it does is drum up polarized sides.

Stop pulling stuff out of the magical hat you have.

The Status of Nuclear Inspections in Iraq

Can you back that up? As I'm aware there was "alleged" that the US had supported Jundullah. Point is there is no credible source to say that the government does. Same goes for IRA there is no credible source to say the US officially supports such a group. You're in complete denial if you Thank Iran is a peaceful State.

Did you even look at the evidence I gave to contradict what you have been saying? 9/11 truthers are pulling crap out of the sky, EVEN Bill Maur tossed one out of his studio.

There is no 9/11 conspiracy you morons.
NIST's Investigation of the Sept. 11 World Trade Center Disaster - Frequently Asked Questions
! Warning ! Free Thought Ahead ! : 9/11 conspiracy crap - Editorial and Opinion Miscellaneous - horror, conspiracy, lies
Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report - Popular Mechanics

Did you not get the part about faulty intelligence?

What are you trying to say with "Brightest Corporation, Argentina, and Unocal? Which by the way Unocal is NOT around anymore. They mean absolutely nothing to me as I cannot even find anything on them on Google. Listen to Carl Schwarz on what?

No the war in Afghan was forgotten about that is why is not being won quickly. Regardless of what help you have our tech is not going to help in the mountain region. You need actual man power to clean them out. Pakistan boarder doesn't help also.

In war people die, point and simple. In all honestly you also must point your finger at the aggressor in war if you lose people. It comes down to me or you, and I don't think a country is going to lay down and let you walk over them. Hard decisions are made in war, dropping the bomb was one of them.

It's already been said that was my signature as such don't go there for two reasons one being it's against forum rules and also you don't know what your talking about. Hint there are plenty of wars in the bible, point being they are not white washed.

qouted for the truth from Sinestra

I will not be one sided i will not pretend America is and has been saint but i refuse to sit and watch as people cant even turn their pointing fingers in ward. Iv said this before if you and or anyone else thinks they have the answers to fix whats wrong not in America not in Japan and not in Iran but with the world then get your ass in office and do something about it. No one here has ever had to make a difficult decision that decided the lives and fate of millions. So dont pretend that the leaders of old made a bad decision because you can criticize it. Im sorry Seanus that im not up for you US bashing party but i would rather focus on how to fix current problems then to dwell over something that has happened and cant be changed neither of us were born yet so in return i would not hold a Japanese person born after WWII responsible for Pearl Harbor it ludicrous.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.