(#33 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

08-29-2009, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertherose25 View Post
Alrightie this might seem off topic but I swear it isn't [its just boring!] XD

I'm a few months away from turning 20, and I'm in college now...about two three years ago I was a Junior in High School and I was sexually assaulted in the middle of class by a notorious little perv...many girls had reported him but they were brushed off. When he grabbed me I lost my temper and stabbed him with my pen [it was a light wound unfortunately], guess who got in trouble?

That's right I did.

The teacher moved him and told me to stop being 'over-dramatic' and wouldn't let me leave the class to report him. And refused to let me us my cell phone to call the police, saying she'd take it and she'd report me for assaulting and harming him!

He started texting me explicit messages, right in front of the teacher!

I told my friend what happened and the next day she reported him anonymously and they pulled me out of class to talk to me. At first they were 'blah' and didn't care much, acting like I was female and I asked for it. To make matters worse he was trying to accuse and press charges on me for stabbing him!

I requested I talk to my mother and told her what they were doing and she called the school threatening to report them to the School Board and call the police herself. Grumbling and bitching they FINALLY called the police.

Three cops later they had it all sorted out and they saw the texts and they charged him with sexual assault and he was suspended for a whole week, that's it they didn't arrest him or anything.

A dean then proceeded to suspend me for three days for presenting my cell phone to the police because it was already turned on!

My mother got into a bloody war with the school and at the end of it a Dean was fired, the whole school was retrained to handle sexual assault cases by an extremely angry Victims Advocate of the state [who called and threatened my principal with legal action if he didn't take back the suspension] and a cop [who witnessed the suspension and said he had nothing to do with it] was in deep sh*t.

So yes, I believe I was treated unfairly the girls that he'd assaulted before also stepped forward again and they, once again, blew them off. He plead guilty got a slap on the wrist and a mark on his record and I'm left the "scars".

I'm not the type of woman to take shit laying down no matter how bad it hurts or scares me

I doubt this helps any, but yes I do think teens aren't taken very seriously. If it does help then, yay! Feel free to do whatever you will with it.
ugh. Fifth grade(ok so i wasn't tecnically a teen yet but still...) i had a boy sexually harass me at my school. You know what they did? They COVERED it up so the school's name wouldn't be trashed. The only punishment he got was a detension. One detention. That's completly unfair to me and the other girl he did it to.

Teachers sometimes just want to teach us, (and sometimes they don't even do that right) and be done. They don't realize that school is supposed to be a safe envirement for kids to learn, not an envirement where kids get beat up and harassed. It's wrong and no one deserves that.

8/21/09