View Single Post
(#87 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-31-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
In general, I don`t think so. There is just a single person who I very much wish were dead, and for very good (to me) reasons. But as I pointed out, their death (no matter how much satisfaction it would bring to me, particularly if at my hands...) simply does not rank in value over my own life, comfort, and freedom. It`s a matter of value, not morality. Plus they certainly can`t have too much time left... for reasons having nothing to do with me.

I am a fairly cold person, I admit.

There would have to be some sort of negative consequence to giving it up or it wouldn`t be much of a price to pay or a sacrifice to make. And I think that is the point of this thread - to ask what you would make a very very large irreversible sacrifice for. If it were just there, and nothing happened if it were gone... Why would it hold value to begin with?

I sort of wish I could be a sweet and wonderful person and say that I`d happily sell my soul to fix my son (medical problems, extended hospitalization, developmental issues, mental retardation, etc...)
But I honestly wouldn`t.

(Wishing there were a smily to stick on there that represented the Japanese "(苦笑)")

DAMN !! there is soemthing about a woman talking about murder that kinda turns me on !! ooh la lalaaaaaaala lllaaaa laaaa

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !