(#35 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
09-05-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
As for the low birthrate, the Japanese would be better off to address the causes than to encourage immigration, especially when those who respond seem to be either unhappy or disrespectful of their culture.

The problem is population density and high stress life styles. More people will not solve this and if scientific studies are correct, it will actually make the problem worse.
You think that's the problem? I can pinpoint a bigger problem for you.

[img=http://www.etherealvortex.com/wp-content/gallery/fashion/man_bra.jpg][/img]

Now that we've had our chuckle, yes, the rapid feminization of male society in Japan is one of the hugest factors to the negative birthrate. Yes, negative. You say "low" but it was actually UNDER zero last time I checked, which means old people are dying faster than babies are being born. I think it would be a good idea to open a new thread about this topic, because it's just downright fascinating and I love discussing it and trying to dig up underlying reasons.

Oh, and I feel that immigration is most beneficial to the Japanese economy, which has been in steady decline for most of the past decade. There was a recent UN report that stated if Japan wants its economy to start moving in the other direction, they'll need 50 million immigrants by the year 2050. Unfortunately I can't find the report at this moment so I can't cite it, but I can see why such a thing would be necessary; lord knows nobody here has done anything significant to pick things up financially.

...What were we talking about again?

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。