View Single Post
(#68 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-06-2009, 02:37 AM

I feel neither way in regards to Obama - I don`t live in the US, and I am certainly not in the middle of all the fun to be able to judge.

But you know - here in my files I have a copy of a piece of school work I had to do to go along with a president`s speech. I would never remember it or have kept it normally, but I have it still because it was the "winner" in the school and was sent off to the White House. And I ended up with a "signed" letter back...

Anyway - The assigned title of the letter what "What I, as an elementary school student, can do to help and support the president and the great country of the United States."

The paper itself was about not littering in public places so that taxes didn`t need to be wasted to clean up after me.
I do not remember what the speech said, nor do I even remember which president it was for (though based on the date it had to be Bush Sr.

If the president were coming on and blasting a message at kids every day, I would be concerned - no matter how much I did or did not support him.
The thing is, a child is going to encounter countless messages every single day that do not support those of their parents. Countless messages that are flat out wrong. That`s what parents are for. Parents have the ability - and should certainly be using it - to teach their children what is right and wrong, and to raise the child according to the household beliefs.

No president is a god. It doesn`t take a lot for a parent to express their feelings and to tell a child that just because it`s the president doesn`t mean that it`s going to be right.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.