View Single Post
(#86 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-06-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Look folks, it wasn't the speech that bothered most people, it was that questionare thingy. The president going "staying in school is cool" is just photo op fluff that all presidents have done, big woop. Now yes, haveing it shiped to all schools across the country has shades of Orwellian big brotherism, but lets not believe Obama is bringing about "Animal farm" just yet. Afterall Bush senior did the same thing in 91, and yes, democrats complained about it then and the end of the world didn't happen.

However, it doesn't mean people shouldn't keep a distrustful eye on government. That's American tradition historically, Like Understanding America 101. NEVER TRUST THE GOVERNMENT. It doesn't matter who's in office, reguardless of party. The overall bulk of the government just gets bigger and more intrusive, that's just bad all around.

As for Government controled health care and why I basically oppose it, my answer is simple. Fema...Am Trak, Postal Service, Welfare system, Haliburton, Public Schools and dozens of other side show attractions that would make Michal Myers scream in terror.

The bigger something gets, the more slowly it tends to move, the more power it takes to move it and the harder it is to stop once it does get moveing. Titanic was considered unsinkable because of it's technology and it's size...we all know how that turned out.
To clarify, the speech has not been released to the public, that's why it didn't bother anyone directly. The questionnaire was released because it had to be delivered to schools ahead of time, and it presumably related to what was to be said in the speech. It was that tiny window into the speech that set people off, and caused them to change things.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan