View Single Post
(#186 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-11-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I assume you are talking about the "what can I do to help the president?" line? Despite the beliefs of several people here, the president doesn't have time to come up with homework assignments for the nation's children.

That quickly cancelled suggested assignment came from the Dept. of Education. So putting those words in quote marks from the president, to me, is a misrepresentations of myself.
I think the president has some say in his press releases, but even if it didn't come from the president directly, it did from his office, which is his agenda. To think someone can just blast whatever to the nation without any kind of approval from his office is foolish. Only when it started to look bad was when he had it cancelled. Then refusing to release what the harmless speech was supposed to be, is again going to galvanize. No one truley know where it really originated, no one ever does or will and those are facts. No misrepresentation.

Again that doesn't matter. The president is responsible for what his staff does and for tellling or not telling them what his agenda.

Last I heard/read the assignment was simply retracted as to calm things down.

Quote:

My post was not written not to defend his words (which I certainly don't agree with) but to point out that you came out with elbows flying making some bold sweeping and not necessarily factual statements (as I pointed out above)
Then I suppose you should put that you weren't defending his words, which it how it came across. When someone like that is said about a nation as a whole, and directly aimed at "a majority" of americans, I think it should be shot down. You should be more focused on pointing out that the blaring false statement of Sinsetra rather trying to justify what you believe to be hair thin misrepresentations.

I'm sorry, I didn't know there was a rule about elbows flying in the forum...

Why no one else does when that kind of comment flies on any kind of forum with American participants is a sad state of affairs
Quote:
but were quick to point out when Sinestra did basically the same thing.
No, I don't believe you did. I believe you stated he simply "oversimplified" where as I was "lambasting".