View Single Post
(#211 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-12-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
Than you weren't really paying attention.

Gen. Petraeus was called "General Betray us".

Murtha said that US marines at Haditha murdered civilians in cold blood, when in fact they were exonerated of all charges.

Sen. John Kerry told Bob Schieffer on CBS' "Face the Nation" that "there is no reason that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women . . . ." This was a more modest reprise of his post-Vietnam charges that U.S. troops had raped, tortured and pillaged in the tradition of Genghis Khan.

Ted Kennedy said "Saddam's torture chamber has reopened under new management."

Dick Durbin exclaimed that "describing what Americans had done to prisoners under our control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by the Nazis, Soviets in their gulags or some mad regime — Pol Pot or others — that had no concern for human beings."

Do you really think calling out troops cold-blooded murderers who terrorize women and children in the night, and act like the Nazis, Soviets, or Pol Pot, is supporting our troops or offering constructive criticism on how to win the war? HELL NO! These damaging lies and insinuations were outright attacks on the troops' and the country's morale. And they were done because they wanted Bush to fail, even if it also meant the country failing and troops dying. Remember Columbia professor De Genova calling for "a million Mogadishus" and saying "The only true heroes are those who find ways that help defeat the U.S. military"? The words and actions of a great many Dems, both in Congress and marching in protests, showed they agreed with those sentiments at some level.

"A million Mogadishus" - Salon.com
I didn't say there wasn't criticism, I said no one has come out and said they wanted President Bush to fail and for America to lose the war. General Betray Us was an ad taken out by a political action group.

And I am not going to go charge by charge, but I don't think you can deny some reprehensible acts have taken place under our watch, from Abu Garib prisoner torture to water boarding, to individual cases of rape and murder. Steven Green was just sentenced to life in prison last week for raping a14-year-old and murdering her family.

Naturally single cases don't tell the whole story and are thankfully the extreme minority, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to talk about it in the proper context.

Talking about these things and saying we want the troops to come home is not the same as saying I want to president to fail or I hope America loses the war(s).