View Single Post
(#250 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-12-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Its convienent for you to sum up the only people that listen to Rush are unsavvy and thus are being brainwashed. You still compare him to the a news show.

Unlike the US government who explains things only winned pinned and even then can't because it would just reveal corruption and / or failure.

The evening news has all of 15 minutes at the most of national news (5 mins of it spent bringing one up to speed), 10 minutes of commercials, 5 minutes to misc.

It sounds like if you had your way, no one would be able to question or disagree with government and Rush and the like would be silenced and free speech would be out the door.

A Loud: "YOU LIE!"
gasp as I caught myself.... it must be spreading.... the culture... the Rush Culture.... someone stop me before its... its too late..... no its too late.... I'm... I'm questioning government...

It must of been a slow 8 years over at the EIB network when the republicans were in office....
Please, Clint, don't put words in my mouth. I did not say all listeners of Rush were not savvy. However I do compare him to a news show because I believe a lot of listeners believe he is a journalist reporting news. All of them? No.

I don't think Rush is "brainwashing" people. This is a term people like to toss around. Maybe I am old fashioned or too literal, but I don't think Rush is brainwashing people, and I don't think Obama is either. I think some people need to look up "brainwash" in a dictionary.

It sounds like if you had your way, no one would be able to question or disagree with government and Rush and the like would be silenced and free speech would be out the door.

Did I really say anything to support this statement? If I did, show me.

I said questioning and scrutinizing the government is a good thing, and its our responsibility. However, stirring up a storm of hatred and mistrust just because it is your job is irresponsible. I didn't say Rush should be taken off the air, I said the people listening to him should check his "facts". The problem is they won't. That isn't his fault, but I believe he and other talk-show hosts should show more responsibility in the things they say. It's thanks to him we get people coming to town halls asking Congressmen "Why do you support Obama's Nazi policies?"

How is this opening the door to intelligent discussion? It isn't. It's a distraction, and that's what 90% of Rush and Hannity and Beck etc. shows are: distractions.