View Single Post
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Allene7 (Offline)
The Nymphic Ninja

09-23-2009, 06:09 PM

I won't say much, especially in detail, since I think everything I'd say has already been said quite well. What I will say is that I couldn't even get past the cover art to read about the manga because I was already so terribly bored. I could say a ton of things on the art alone. It needs so much work that I couldn't bare to proceed on to readying the rest of the post. However, I finally did go back to your original post and after several attempts got through the whole thing. I also looked at all the links you posted. So to answer your questions in order, no and no.

Learn to take constructive criticism. If you can't then don't ask for honest opinions and stick with your family and close friends, as they will most likely always give you the feedback you're really looking for. If you truly love writing and drawing then keep at it. Those two areas of interest require a lot of editing and willingness to change in order to succeed. If you aren't open to edit and change then don't expect to get far as a serious career with it.

A quick note, not every scribble on paper is art worthy of appreciation. If it were then everyone would be an artist. You can always tell by looking at a drawing how much a person really put in to it, whether it's an abstract of a still life drawing. I don't see much put in to your drawings or writings based on what you've shown us, therefore I see nothing to appreciate.

Oh, and I am an artist. I have my B.A. and I've been writing for a very long time and am working on writing as a career so I do have some qualifications to make the statements that I've made.