View Single Post
(#35 (permalink))
Old
TitansWrath (Offline)
New to JF

10-21-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
hey guys... i decided i'd breach topic a bit,..(gomen to the mods), but i didn't feel like making a whole new thread for this..

anyway, (here's how i relate it to this discussion), in order to make ubuntu run faster on my computer, i have been trying to overclock my machine. I have a lenovo 3000 N100 w/ intel core 2 duo rated @ 1.66 GHz.. all i'm looking for is a boost up to 1.82 GHz, but the bios restricts any change to the CPU speed and i've tried the freeware available but i couldn't find the right PLL for my machine so it didn't detect the clocks properly....

anybody have any ideas?...
hmm i just noticed that you're using laptop so I don't really recommend doing that. IMO to get best performance out of ur laptop is to increase RAM to 2 GB and it will have bigger impact to performance than boosting ur speed just a little. U didn't mention how much u got in there so i assume u have 512 MB according to the specs i found. Also you'll have better luck changing the FSB to increase speed instead of CPU. Most of the CPUs are physically locked to prevents changes to their multipliers.