View Single Post
(#38 (permalink))
Old
TitansWrath (Offline)
New to JF

10-21-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
i was actually wondering if it was hardware locked. it would probably be better to increase ram, (got 1G ddr2), but i was more in it for the experience. and i figured a 7-15% increase wouldn't raise heat too much as it runs pretty cool as it is now. i've pretty much given up by now.. if i had another one i'd probably work my way to the cpu and check out the board around it for possible bridging like they did on the old G4 macs.. oh well, thanks for replying
Yea i was thinking that was desktop PC til i checked out what kind of computer and found out it was actually laptop. So i had to edit my reply, but I haven't tried overclocking my laptop and i didn't feel the need to do that since my laptop have core 2 duo running at 2.11 Ghz and 3 GB RAM. There's still a big difference between having 1 GB and 2GB so that's why i was suggesting more RAMs and you'd be happier. My nvidia GPU and CPU share same heatsink so whenever i play its gets warm like a hair dryer blowing out. I'm surprised that u wanted more speed out of ubuntu since it doesn't need lot of resources like windows does.