View Single Post
(#39 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

10-21-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansWrath View Post
I'm surprised that u wanted more speed out of ubuntu since it doesn't need lot of resources like windows does.
haha, i just want more speed in general (i like to take my machines auto/ comp./ whatever to their peak performance... it's a good feeling that you're making the most of what you've got), i just said it was to make ubuntu faster so i could say i was staying on topic and the mods wouldn't strike down in anger

but now i'm dual booting win 7 and ubuntu, so the boost in ram would be nice, although i rly only use windows for iphone manipulation (since for whatever reason apple doesn't like ubuntu users) ILinux

on a side note, i have my hdd partitioned as such [ ext4, 39.5GB.... |swap 1GB| ...NTSF 39.5GB....]
i have ubuntu loaded on the hdd as well as windows, but whenever i reboot my windows system (recently i ditched xp for 7) the bootloader seems to not recognize ubuntu anymore and i have to reinstall it... i'm guessing it's something w/ the windows boot where xp or 7 takes over as the primary os and overrides the ubuntu BL with it's own .. because as soon as i reinstall ubuntu it recognizes both os's on restart.. is this the case?

IamKira

Last edited by IamKira : 10-21-2009 at 08:25 PM.