(#36 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-01-2009, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Your bullying aside, I would hardly say running a "family variety" show on taking your daughter out on a fantasy date is "normal", or according to you, that's just me.
A show about a new trend in fathers wanting to spend time with their daughters in a way that the daughter doesn`t hate (as is the norm)... That way being to take her out on a "date" so that she can look pretty and feel that she is being treated as an equal and talk to her father one on one without mom or other siblings taking up his time? A way to both teach the daughter how she should be treated (with respect) on a real date, and to strengthen a father-daughter bond because dad is working most of the time and doesn`t have a chance to get close to his children? I`m willing to bet, without any hesitation, that it was exactly this. And I`m pretty darned sure I`ve seen similar topics being covered on programs outside of Japan. Maybe they didn`t refer to the event as a "date", but rather father-daughter day, or father-daughter dinner, etc... But a quick search on Google turns up tons of "father-daughter date" hits, so it certainly isn`t a rare way to refer to it.

If the show were about a trend in fathers taking their daughters to hotels and molesting them, that would be one thing... But simply because it`s being called a "date" you`re jumping to WAY WAY too many conclusions that leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote:
As far as racism goes, you are not judging me correctly, but rather simply assuming because I am discussing a programme that I saw within Japan.
No, I`m judging based on this specific quote and the exchange that followed it;
It just goes to show that "anything" is possible in Japan.

It is saying that you see your weird interpretation as possible in Japan - which if it isn`t racism please clarify what you did mean by it...
Plenty of fathers take their daughters out on "dates" all over the world - I`m sure that if you read the other replies in here you can see that. Nothing weird happens, and these fathers are NOT sexually motivated. But when it`s Japan, well, in your eyes things apparently change. That is what I found racist.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 11-01-2009 at 02:53 AM.