(#37 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-01-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
k, let me throw u a situation.. if i grew up w/ my sister and no other people around, eventually i'd develop my sexual organs and start having urges.. so your telling me i will just innately know that she is my sister and that having sex w/ her is wrong.. .... riiiiiggghht.... .. false, if i grew up being told by everyone that having sex w/ family members was the way things were done and i saw my family members acting in such a way i wouldn't hesitate to act as such... it is a social construct to act as we do in the face of incest.. and a good one (i am not in support of it because it can bring about mutated offspring).. if it didn't, i'd be more reluctant to immediately throw out the idea
Wrong, actually - even if she wasn`t your biological sister but you were around her constantly from childhood... Chances are you would not feel those urges toward her. It`s a type of imprinting (reverse sexual imprinting in this case) which is quite famous. It`s known as the Westermarck effect. When you are around someone very much from childhood, they are excluded from your potential source of mates. There is a similar effect when you have raised someone from infancy or early childhood. They are excluded as a potential partner.

The imprinting can be overridden, but the probability that sex would be anything more than a chore pushed on you is very low. In cultures where brides are sent to live with their future husband`s family as a very young age, this is a huge problem as there is pretty much guaranteed to be no spontaneous sexual activity and no love other than that of siblings... Making children is a responsibility and in some cases must be forced on the couple by supervising parents.

Even if you were told that this was the way it was done, and that this was natural, your chances of feeling an actual natural sexual attraction to your sister is very low. You may not feel aversion, as it`s not taboo, but you probably would never fall in love with her or lust after her. Without some sort of developmental abnormality or outside pressure, it`s a union that doesn`t happen.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.