View Single Post
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-04-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
Duly noted. That's your opinion. I and many others would not consider pasting articles an automatically valid argument relevant to the points in question. Example. I asked for climatologist backing of denialism, they post a list of non-climatologists. I point it out, they dismiss the whole premise as biased. So, the whole field of climatology, the entire academic field of science, is a conspiracy in their delusional rationalization. There is nothing to debate with against that. Humor is the only tolerable thing to do.

I have engaged these folks ad nauseum in the past. They don't give a damn about losing the tin foil algorealgore conspiracist hats any more than fundies wish to be challenged about jesus.

How about this: I say that this whole quoted block is a lot of trash according to what I write above. So "stop being such an idiot" and "start backing up your arguments"?
I've only seen you talk with them in this thread. So this thread is what I'm basing my comments on. I don't care if you've talked about it before or not, my view, is based on this thread.

I'd just like to point out, that they have posted arguments back, and backed them up. The point of a discussion is to keep having things to counter the other person's argument. so far, you've only countered one or two with your own sources, but when they've countered with their own, you've sat down, stuck your fingers in your ears, and started calling them idiots.

I do not need to back my quotes up, my very evidence is your action in this thread.

Or perhaps it's me. Perhaps it's just me thinking that pictures of anime, with stupid quotes on them, don't count as arguments.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -