View Single Post
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-05-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post

I hate the fact I had to quit because of that, even though the school was understandable and said they would try to help me if I wanted to try it again since the circumstance was unavoidable. Now, as you know, I really would like to "live" in Japan someday, even if it's for only a year or two and have always been interested in teaching. When applying for work in Japan, is it common for them to check medical records extensively? I personally hate the fact that the PE thing would be on there now. If an employer saw that, wouldn't he/she think, "Oh my god...that person is definitely a liability." I'm also a diabetic. Would that look bad too? It's worse enough that I feel that I'm overlooked here for that reason, but would hate for it to apply to overseas stuff too.
In my experience, employers in Japan don`t ask for medical information unless it is for a job that would require strenuous physical activity. They most likely would not know unless you volunteered the information.

Japanese health care is national, and not provided by the employer, which seems to be the biggest concern for US companies.

If you are honestly so ill that you cannot fulfill the position, then I would suggest not applying for it and working on your health first. Otherwise, you shouldn`t have a problem.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.