View Single Post
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-13-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionux View Post
hey nyororin, do you know how much an apartment costs in Japan? to buy, not to rent. i'm thinking of selling my place here (romania), and buying one in Japan.
what are my chances of finding work as a programmer/network administrator/it professional (since i will be finishing computer science studies at university this year)? Do i have any chance of moving to Japan permanently and working there?
The work comes before the move. Without employment, you`ll have pretty much no chance of getting a visa to live in Japan.
As to the ease of finding a job... Do you speak Japanese? Are you familiar with Japanese work culture and business practices? Do you already have a visa that allows you to work in Japan?
If the answer to these are all no, then consider it in the "99.999995% impossible" range. There are tons of Japanese who have the same qualifications as you will, but who are native Japanese speakers, know Japanese culture and business practices, who have the Japanese education background prepping them for work in a Japanese company, and who have absolutely no visa issues to worry about.
Unless you have some incredibly amazing talent that can make up for all the disadvantages to hiring someone lacking all those things... Then it is going to be EXTREMELY hard.

ETA; Forgot about the apartment cost. There is a huge range - how large? How new? Where? All these things change the price so I can give no answer.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.