View Single Post
Old
ionux (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to ionux Send a message via Skype™ to ionux
12-13-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
The work comes before the move. Without employment, you`ll have pretty much no chance of getting a visa to live in Japan.
As to the ease of finding a job... Do you speak Japanese? Are you familiar with Japanese work culture and business practices? Do you already have a visa that allows you to work in Japan?
If the answer to these are all no, then consider it in the "99.999995% impossible" range. There are tons of Japanese who have the same qualifications as you will, but who are native Japanese speakers, know Japanese culture and business practices, who have the Japanese education background prepping them for work in a Japanese company, and who have absolutely no visa issues to worry about.
Unless you have some incredibly amazing talent that can make up for all the disadvantages to hiring someone lacking all those things... Then it is going to be EXTREMELY hard.
I currently speak VERY LITTLE Japanese, but I plan to stay where I am until I can get a level 2 or level 1 at JLPT. Is that enough? Can I get to such a level in, for instance, 2 years of study?
As of busyness practices, are they impossible to get familiar with prior to moving?
No, I do not have a visa....

Would it be better for me to apply for a master's degree in Japan instead of applying to one here, or in some other European country? I understand that my chance of employment is a lot higher if I have part of my studies taken at a Japanese university, but how hard is it to be accepted at such a university?

Quote:
ETA; Forgot about the apartment cost. There is a huge range - how large? How new? Where? All these things change the price so I can give no answer.
I REALLY am not picky AT ALL... I just want a place to live, not too far away from a large city like Osaka or Tokyo, etc... (not necessarily as distance, but as time it takes to commute.... no more then 1 hour per journey) Can I get anything at all for around the equivalent of 100.000-150.000 euro? in Yen that would be 13019890 - 19529835...