View Single Post
Old
ionux (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to ionux Send a message via Skype™ to ionux
12-17-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
When it comes to acquiring the language, I think it would be pretty hard to achieve without actually being in Japan. Business practices - I`m sure you would study them.

The thing is, without something that sets you apart, all you`d have done would be to bring yourself closer to "standard" when compared to a native Japanese person with the same skills. Unless you are making use of a skill that cannot easily be found in the Japanese population (in most cases, language skills) it will not be easy to find a position. The minus of having to secure you a visa, and the potential for additional training... Along with the possibility of language issues (JLPT 1 still isn`t native level) will always put you at the disadvantage.
You may actually have more luck looking for a company in your home country that has offices in Japan. I actually highly recommend this as it seems to be the most common way for foreigners to come to Japan outside of English teaching.
I could work for less money?
Quote:
You will need to already have the JLPT 1 or equivalent to be accepted into a Japanese university. The criteria for accepting international students is a lot different than that for native students, so you actually often have a better chance of getting into a good Japanese university than a native Japanese student.
Do you know what the costs are? Since I assume you can't work while you study...
Do you generally take a test in order to be admitted? I would hope so, because my grades are not too good at my current university, and I strongly feel they do not reflect how much I know. That's why I was hoping to continue my master's degree here, and just go to work in Japan once I finish them. (A master's degree is 2 years here, and that would have given me enough time to learn Japanese)
Quote:
Yes, you can definitely find something - even for much much less. If all you feel you need is a 1 room, and don`t mind an older building, you can find some very cheap. The price of "used" real estate in Japan is much much lower than new, and as years go by the price falls significantly. A 10 year old building will be very cheap.
It is all up to your standards. Finding a free standing house with land would even be possible depending upon the area - although the house would likely be small and old.
10 years is an old building??? I currently live in a building built in 1950 ...lol

... I have some more questions to ask but it's quite hard for me to express them at the moment, such as not to forget anything, and for them to be compressed enough for you not to waste your time reading them. The only reason I'm saying this is that I stayed with this forum page open half a day, and things kept coming up, so I did not manage to put them into a presentable form... you didn't really need to know this ...lol.... excuse my incoherency, I will come back with the questions later.