View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
BritGirl (Offline)
New to JF

12-22-2009, 05:01 AM

Hi Sangestu

Thank you for your reply.

I am sure the company do have real estate agents etc but we have had a few bad experiences with them when we have moved in the past so I think I will spend a few hours/days/weeks searching the real estate sites after we have a better idea about the different areas.
In Hong Kong we were only shown 'expat apartments' and when I found what eventually was the ideal apartment ( on the internet ) the agent was reluctant to show us because she didn't have a relationship with the management ( is didn't get a backhander) and she said because there weren't any expats there we wouldn't like it. We spent 3 very happy years there...

I need to do a bit of pricing research so we know what we want when the company put the offer on the table. Rappongi wouldn't be too bad an area as it would be close to the office and from what I remember the last time I spent a day wondering around the area there were some nice little side roads with small houses and low rises.

Can anyone tell me the name of an everyday supermarket chain that does 'online shopping' ?? Another things I did before I moved to HK was a pretend monthly shop so I could estimate the cost and factor this into the monthly outgoings.... as I love to cook I am very excited about being able to go to the fish market and buying lots of goodies...

As owning a car is looking like a nightmare - is it common to hire cars for the weekend / to go on holiday ??

Thank you for all your help in advance.