View Single Post
Old
kvcnext (Offline)
New to JF

01-16-2010, 06:34 PM

Ah, very similar to mine I hope this thread isn't dead...

Yes, my family are very similar. Except my mom's drinking has hospitilized her now, and I must look after everything now while working (well...an aprenticeship, but my boss is kind and understands. He gives me some money).

I also had an oppertunity to go to Japan twice, both times for 2 weeks, and fell in love. The first time I was in Hokkaidio at the wonderful ice festival in Sapporo with my boss for work experience.

I'm going to be based in Tokyo- though I very well may go out of it. I'm going to go and live for a year on my own, and we'll see how it goes from there if I want to change my visa for longer.

But I'm very glad you are getting what you deserve, and I'm very sorry about the girl you let stay with you before messing you up. So! My questions are:

- Since you've been there a while, how long did it take you to pick up the language. First fluent, and then how did your accent become so good?

- How to Japanese people deal with knowing your past with your family life? Were they supportive, feel bad for you, or feel weary of you?

- How did you expand your social network at first? Did you go drinking, get to know your neighbours, ect?