Thread: Wedding Wishes
View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
bestman (Offline)
New to JF

03-03-2010, 01:28 PM

Thanks for the advise. I have actually ended my original speech with "Go-kekkon omedetou gozaimasu". Thought of making my speech more interesting and meaningful, is there any short wishes in japanese in addition to my original wishes? Feel free to give comments.

My speech is as following:

Good Evening! I want to start by congratulating the bride and groom, and thanking all of you for coming here today.

I thought about the wishes that I'd like to give to the newlyweds and came up with this:

My wishes for the bride and groom are that they’ll have a continued loving friendship and partnership; that they enjoy success and laughter; that they are blessed with children; and that they always see and talk with their heart.

My greatest wish for the two of you is that through the years, your love for each other will deepen and grow. Years from now, may you look back on this day, your wedding day, as the day you loved each other the least. I wish you the very best. My love to the both of you.

Congratulations on your wedding.
Go-kekkon omedetou gozaimasu

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am honoured to ask you to raise your glasses for the newly-weds, .....