View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

04-16-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
You could always try to apply to programmes such as Jet. If they accept your application you'll be able to stay in Japan for a year as a teaching assistant, with the possibility of renewing for several more years. It's not a guarantee they'll say yes as it's a very popular option, but it's worth looking into.

Also, if you can afford to, you could go to Japan for a month or so and apply for jobs in person. I could be wrong but you may be able to get a job that way without a degree, but you'd need to fly out of the country whilst certain paperwork necessary for a visa takes place. Other users may be able to correct me on this, or add detail.
Just a couple corrections - I'm almost positive JET will not accept someone without a degree (it's competitive enough among those who do have degrees). Also, you're technically not allowed to go over to Japan looking for a job on a regular tourist visa, but people still do it anyway - it's expensive, and companies aren't particularly fond of hiring people without a proper visa.

To the original poster - unless you decide to get a degree, your only options are to enroll in a language school in Japan (which will get you a visa for awhile, but you still can't get a real job, so bring plenty of money), or there is the spousal visa... which should be self-explanatory.

郷に入っては郷に従え