View Single Post
(#33 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-23-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Nothing is going to fix the fact that you are not seated now. Like I said earlier, I am not so self-important that having to wait an extra 10 minutes is going to ruin the evening or really affect me. However, I would like the business to acknowledge the fact that they broke the social contract we had made. I don't need excuses, just that acknowledgement if they want me to come back again.

I am not concerned about who is "directly to blame". Sh*t happens. I understand that. All I am asking is that the business acknowledge that sh*t happened, and that they take responsibility for that. Any employee is a representative of that business, and any acknowledgement of shortcoming, really, is good enough for me.

I moved out of Japan in the late 90s. I feel what you are saying, but the no-smoking policies right now in Japan are much more tolerable than they were 10+ years ago. I went to fast food places with no "no smoking" areas back then. I am happy to see actual "no smoking" establishments now.
Yes, I should add that you are correct, from what I have heard A LOT of progress has been made. Let's hope it keeps going.