View Single Post
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

05-25-2010, 10:17 PM

Right, and that is indeed the difference. I do care. And the first question I would ask if someone said, "I'm sorry. I was late, it won't happen again" would be "Well, WHY are you late?" and the second question I would ask would be "What is your plan to fix it?" If I don't like the answers, then I will have to counsel this individual. If I do like the answer, that's the end of it.

From the other side, it's a golden rule thing. I treat others how I wish to be treated. Or actually, more accurately, I expect to be treated how I treat others. If I report an apology like the one above, and am told I'm making excuses and shifting blame, I become deeply offended. Did I not clearly say "This is my fault" and not lay it on anyone else? Inferences that what I said are "overkill" and "excuses" is a perception that entirely ignores my intent.

You interrupt me, halfway through, and tell me I'm making excuses, I am going to be pretty upset. I may, if I make a future mistake, tell you "I'm sorry, it won't happen again" and leave it at that, but I guarantee I won't mean it as much as I did in my above apology. I also probably won't trust you again.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org