(#64 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-17-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Any functional* adult living in a capitalist** society does not require marriage to provide financial independence within their lives.

Women do not require men to provide for them financially***; likewise men do not require women to prepare their meals or clean their homes.****.
Require - No. Expect - most of the time, Yes.

Quote:
*** For all intents and purposes men and women are socially and economically equal in the modern capitalist society we are referencing in this topic. Though it is arguable on average women make less than men, it is a negligible difference when speaking of financial independence.

**** With strives in technological convenience it's entirely possible and not overtaxing to feed one's self and maintain a living environment.
Your vision of the world is fantasy compared to mine. The U.S I have been living in does not have gender parity for salaries, is dealing with escalating unemployment which tends to affect lower paid employees (women) more often, and there numbers of people unable to meet basic living expenses is also rising.

Quote:
Now here's the problem with discussing topics that stem off a question of how people behave, or what the social standard is. We all see so many TV shows, movies, animes, video games, and read so many books, comics, mangas, novels, and stories that we delude ourselves into thinking we know for certain how people always behave, or what they want.
No, we ALL do not.
I spend the majority of my time dealing with real people in the real world, not someone else's fictional creations, and your descriptions seem closer to the your imaginary versions of social standards.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.