View Single Post
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-08-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Stalin was still a recent memory in 1962, and people still remember the 30-odd million who died during his rule.

Exactly how pleasant has Cuba's lifestyle been since the revolution? Cuba merely traded an American puppet leader and American exploitation for a Soviet-supported puppet leader, and Soviet exploitation. Given that the average "capitalist exploited" part-time McDonald's worker in America earns more money in a week than your typical Cuban full-time worker earns in months, it's hard to see what benefit the Cuban people have felt from the revolution.

Japan's first government after the war was an American-supported puppet government, and one could argue that Japan was exploited by America as well. An American reviewed and approved the present Japanese constitution, and an American created the basic agricultural and industrial systems which exist until this day.

Has Japan suffered from American interference and exploitation? I don't think so.

And yes, I have been to Cuba myself.
lol... Cuba has better healthcare and a lower crime rate than the US if I remember correctly.

The average McDonalds worker might earn more in the US... but he/she has to pay for a whole lot more too.

Im not saying that Cuba is perfect... but if we compare it to say.. Mexico who to this day is exploited by the US. I think Cuba is in much better shape.