View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

Send a message via Skype™ to MuRaSaKiiNkI
10-06-2010, 08:02 PM

Very touching, thanks for the link dogsbody.

War is horrible, no joke. I never fought in a war, but I have family and friends that did and are, and it's gruesome. Glad some good can come out of the tragic past.

In reply to x2cool: Saying Americans should not be forgiven for the atomic bombs, and everything else, it's like saying Germany should not be forgiven for the Holocaust (of which a very few Germans actually participated), and Japan should not be forgiven for the invasion of Manchuria (and the subsequent slaughter of thousands of civilian lives), and China the expansion into north Vietnam, and the Crusades, and every other bloody war in history. If anything, blame this global society that allows such a thing to happen. I am part Japanese and all American, and I believe that, like dogsbody was trying to discuss, that on both sides there's pain, and in order to reconcile both sides need to agree to apologize.

Thanks for the clarification MMM, I was about to point out that the U.S. DID formerly apologize for the atomic bombs and the concentration camps. In fact, my grandpa owns his house in Hawai'i (the old one was bombed by Japan in the attack on Pearl Harbor) due to this apology.

So, I'm glad that two ex-sworn-enemies became friends in the end, and I'm glad for the POW to have some outlet and relief for what must have been a terrible and trying time in his life. Reading what he went through, I don't think anyone deserves that treatment, anyone.