View Single Post
(#42 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-08-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuRaSaKiiNkI View Post
I completely agree, in fact, I changed the rules to facilitate this kind of discussion, well said dogsbody!

I would have to say my favorite place is Hawai'i, hands down. It's so peaceful there, you'd think people didn't get angry or anything. They do, but it's so reserved and the tension kind of evaporates when you realize that you're surrounded by tropical paradise, golden sandy beaches, and rolling waves as far as the eye can see. I'm disappointed I don't have any pictures to show you guys, but it was awesome.

My family used to have big parties. We would roast a pig in the ground on hot rocks, tea leaves, with more tea leaves on top, plastic wrap, and dirt. They'd basically bury the pig in a big earth oven, and take it out at night to cut up and serve with spinach, lumpia, and pineapple cake. My uncle had a farm (and still has), so I would help pick bananas, papaya, and cut myself on pineapple leaves. It rained a lot too, so I always have a fondness for rain now, even in cold Michigan! :P And there was also a lot of thunder and lightning, which I don't like very much >_<

How fantastic -- by the way is there a shorter nickname we can call you please?

I love the descriptions you have given. Those parties sound like "SOMETHING ELSE". what great experiences and Hawaii sure seems Heaven on earth.

thanks a lot. PS: Have you ever read any of James A Michener's books. His descriptions of countries and how they evolved was fantastic. The SOURCE and Centennial among many others-- I am pretty sure he wrote also about Hawaii?