View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
10-24-2010, 02:46 PM

@Jambo I complete agree.

I think it's not wrong to say anime/manga have drawn many youngsters to Japan. Being one of the most popular Japan-originated aspects, Japan probably owes that aspect many young fans. I also believe that some light of Japan's culture and language has been shed via anime/manga. Not the full picture, but an incredibly small portion of it, as have any other popular American cartoon shed on their country. I'm not sure about others, but it is a fact that through all these, have the true Japan been slowly unveiled to me. I mightn't have taken up Japanese or even joined this forum, if it weren't for anime.

Anyways, carrying on, there are a lot of things that only Japan have, a lot of qualities that only the Japanese may exhibit. Things like technology, fashion, music, T.V. shows; a lot of these being discussed pertain to the younger generation. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe it's not so much of people being naive, but what some of us see could only represent an age group in Japan. But, I'll use the term again, it's of Japan origins, nonetheless. And you know what? There's nothing wrong with going for those, because they're real enough.

The spoken language is a fluent, beautiful sound to my ear. The food is exquisite, diverse and can be a little strong-tasting, but their high-end culinary presentation skills are one of the most innovative, in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, I absolutely adore their history, what with the samurai and ninja and feudal era. It's almost like art. I love Britain's majestic medieval history, too, but that's beside the point. I have seen the tea-ceremony a few times, looks elegant and sophisticated, and seems like the very epitome of courtesy.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 10-24-2010 at 03:12 PM.