View Single Post
(#37 (permalink))
Old
zoneoni (Offline)
Luna Corp // CEO

10-25-2010, 02:32 PM

I think MisaMisa has it down.

At the very least living in the United States shares a ubiquitous syllogism with the rest of the country. A majority of the population have immigrated at one point or other into the makeshift culture that decorates much of the lifestyles of Americans. Especially places like Florida, California, New York, etc. There is no uniformity of culture between you and the person that lives down the block or even next to you. The lack of centralization in the sphere of the community is disparaging and many of those that have carved lives for themselves in America have accepted that fact and continued to dive deeper into their 9 to 5s or their tented families that represent the places they came from; with the hope of calling home, home un-hesitatingly. In my opinion, these existences spring out the bulk of the individuals that dream and attempt to go and live in Japan or anywhere else for that matter.

I also think that it's ok for people to have dreams. And I also think it's ok for those dreams to be crushed by reality. People having premeditated perspectives about Japan is necessary. Without having experienced it themselves what else can they have but misconceptions about the reality of what it means to live in Japan.

You can't really call it living if you stunt your approaches in life by fear, IMO. That which doesn't kill you.....etc etc.

Because we are alive we have a responsibility to improve the circumstances we find ourselves, no matter how unorthodox the vestige of that responsibility takes us. Because those actions will lead the ones that come after us.