(#38 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
10-25-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Honestly I would say the attraction for young people is the fact that it's popular culture is different and unique in comparison to the rest of the world.

That's basically what I feel is the main reason. The fact that Japan could possibly be more interesting, more unique, more cultured. Even though Japan isn't pefect, and people (especially young people) are often overworked, young people see past it and only see the shiny pop-culture aspect of it.
I don't blame them, or us, if you will. Often countries, including Japan, will portray the best and most outstanding aspects of themselves, while keeping the rest of the arduous foundation under wraps. If anyone is just gonna say they wanna live in Japan or love Japan in its entirety, because of a wonderland portrayal, then obviously they're quite flawed in their preordained judgment.

But I don't think they are wrong to go for it, it is from Japan, after all, and anyone who is bigoted against or stops their ambition is, as dogsbody says, supercilious, Japanese or not. I'd say pretentious and pompous, especially since this is about teens and youngsters. The best way to help this age group is to convince them by reason, facts, evidence and your credibility, of course, and facilitate them understandingly toward their ambitions/motives, by offering options and pathways - stating the success %, concurrently. It's up to anyone to choose what they want or how they want to perceive things. What we should do is be helpful and reasonable in guiding them.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.