View Single Post
(#72 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-31-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Or those who say they just want to move to Japan and will not accept anyone telling them that you will need a visa.
Probably the best example of that was this one:
"No, i don't need a visa, I'm American! I know because I went to Hawaii and they just put a stamp in my passport at the boarder. Japan must be the same!"

*laughs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranks View Post
I lived in the UK for 5 years and while I respect the culture and I often bash Japanese people who say bad things about her (what do they know?), it wasn't a place for me. But regardless, I think the time I spent there was invaluable.
Hmm, that's pretty interesting. What sort of views of the UK have you come across?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saradus View Post
In Asia we've noticed people to be more friendly, generous, mindful of others and well-behaved.
excepting the hostile, crowd-barging cheats who spit in the street everywhere and hassle people? I met some lovely people in asia; I also met some really, staggeringly rude people. I could say the exact same about the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saradus View Post
You only need to compare an Asian classroom to a British classroom to see what I mean. Asian classrooms are generally full of attentive kids who at worst would be asleep, while Western classrooms it wouldn't be unusual to see a teacher crying and having a breakdown at least once in the year because the students are tormenting them.
Possibly because in some countries, misbehaving students get smacked (by teachers or parents when they get home). Or attend school as a privilege, not a right. And there are some run-down schools where the students are just as bad, or worse than in the UK. I'm not saying you're wrong or don't have a point or anything, but just...sweeping generalizations? There's parts of a country visitors don't get exposed to.