View Single Post
(#76 (permalink))
Old
HikoSeijuro (Offline)
New to JF

11-01-2010, 12:39 AM

Most people can barely run their own lives but have no problem helping to try to run yours.

Think how many people came to the United States without ever visiting first.

I do think it's great though that some people take the time and effort to really explain to someone who hasn't lived in another country (or visited) the possible negative and positive aspects of the culture.

If someone likes Japan for ANY reason and you don't agree with that reason..GET OVER IT! I like anime and that is the ONLY reason I like Japan .. I don't even like their cute little girls, those wooden things they eat with, or the temples were bubbuh is. I hope that last sentence really made some of you grind your little elitist teeths together. (heh....)

Point is: Their life is not your life to judge, to agree with, or to condemn.

We all live life differently. Our paths are different and that's good!
If we were all the same then what fun would that be.

Lastly a ponderous moment:
How many times have you given advice to someone who was passionate about something and the person said "OH ... you're right .. i am wrong .. i will listen to you! thanks a lot! I realize even though this is MY dream... and NOT yours..your complete and immediate denial of my dream really hit home and i'm going to go play checkers now."

Life is a marathon; not a 40 yard dash.

A superior psychology, mastery of self, and a clean arse are the keys to happiness.