View Single Post
(#81 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-01-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saradus View Post
Yeah we british really don't view things through rose-coloured glasses. If anything we are overly realist and cynical! It's a common thing in schools to be told things will only get harder when we leave education! Albeit sometimes half-heartedly by teachers with dark humour (one of my favourite teachers ALWAYS told us how things would get worse in his jokey way)
It sounds like I'm not that far from the reality. Yeah, British are famous for their dark humor, not just your teacher I think Japanese people share some of that quality albeit they aren't as openly challenging to other people. I sometimes find Chinese people possess a quality that is similar to the people in the states. They like to talk, talk loud, and talk straight in your face. But their intensions are usually to settle the issue logically. Japanese people are, mmm, more subtle, and they don't raise their voices. But when things go really bad, it can create serious and long lasting rancor in the hearts of the people who are involved.

Last edited by cranks : 11-01-2010 at 02:38 AM.